Sunday, June 24, 2007

Don't speak a word, just keep quiet, keep still.

It's a different kind of heartbreak; but you've never had to deal with it. Everyone loves you, you're the golden girl and she's so desperate to be your friend.
You? Maybe you're desperate for the false love she emits or maybe you just latch on to someone the moment they pay you attention. Maybe I'm reading the rights all wrong. But I have to tell myself that I can't always be as wrong as you think I am.
But you'll never notice. You'll never see that you are the one who's twisting the dagger in my heart and you'll never realize that I'm crying because of you, not to you.
You'll never realize that it cut me deeper than any "fuck you" or "you were used" or "I love you" when you flippantly showed off what you had left me out of even though it was our tradition. Even though it was almost expected.
She'll love it though. She will throw it in my face and it's her one more fuck you thrown in my face. Okay.
I GIVE. YOU FUCKING WIN AND I LOSE. OKAY?
Happy yet? No, I didn't think so.
You'll read this and think that maybe it's about you but you'll brush it off, because you're perfect and can do no wrong.
Chances are you won't read this at all.
Oh well. It doesn't matter. I'll never say a word because I'm a coward.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home