Saturday, March 03, 2007

Get in the car and drive.

Sometimes when things are so wrong you just have to withdraw from everything, right? So I've kind of taken a raincheck on life, and so far it hasn't done me any wrong.
There's been a few bandaid fixes and I know it's superficial but I don't mind. In fact, I like it. Because hearing someone say, "Where've you been? I've been calling you. You didn't even get to hear my stories about Reading Week, so sit down and listen- oh, and by the way, don't disappear like that on us again," is kind of reassuring almost. Like I've made some kind of impact even if it's for the wrong reasons.
I guess I've always just been terrified of being forgotten by the world. And in my desperation to be remembered I'll do anything.
So there are these rum & Coke infused nights where I only remember half of what happens. The thing is, everyone says that it's wrong. But it doesn't bother me.
Lately I've been realizing that I'm pretty sure I'm not cut out for university. I love the social aspect of it but the rest of it is responsibility and expectations that I don't feel like dealing with. I realize that this sounds immature. I really do.
But I'm immature.
Going from highschool to university doesn't automatically mean you grow up.
I just want to get in a car, pick a direction and drive forever. Somehow build a life wherever I end up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home